August rang crazy. Not only did I start a new project since my first is in beta reading, but I read books that totally left me unsatisfied. Ugh. Books either landing in the two or three star range. Not one four or five crossed my path. Also, I read (listened) to more audiobooks. Not one printed book was used. Mayday! Mayday! Send help.
Here’s to hoping September makes up to the mess August brought to my door.
- Can’t Escape Love (Audiobook/Novella) ♥♥♥½
Cute. While it feels a bit rushed, I enjoyed this adorable story. The two had enough chemistry for a full novel.
- The Body Lies (Audiobook) ♥♥♥
In parts, this book works. However, the character comes off as weak. I would have preferred a stronger character.
- The Party (Audiobook) ♥♥
- Ghosted (Audiobook) ♥♥
- All Eyes on Me (Audiobook) ♥♥
- Blameless (Audiobook) ♥♥
- Changeless (Audiobook) ♥♥
I started this series with a joy that I never experienced. I usually do not follow them, preferring standalones. But, you know the first book clawed me and I was done. However, the next two books showed me to stick to my guns and my preferences. Sad.
- Let’s Talk About Love (Audiobook) ♥♥♥
Cute and the Ace representation is on point (I’m not ace, but hey, I did not see any issues).
- The Woman in Cabin 10 (Audiobook) ♥♥♥
Shrugs. Okay. I guess.
- In a Dark, Dark Wood (Audiobook) ♥♥♥
Soft 3. Good writing and plot. But, as I read the story, I went in and out in spurts. I’d still recommend a read, if you’re new to Ruth Ware.
- A Tiger Like Me (ebook) ♥♥♥
Cute, but the passages need an edit. I can see kids falling asleep by the fourth page, not because of the plot, but simply because of the wordiness.
- I tried reading this book again and I should have listened to my gut. It’s a no for me. I did like The Woman in Cabin 10 and In a Dark, Dark Wood, and I plan to read The Turn of the Key. So, I still have hope for Ruth Ware. But, this one is a no.